Friday, June 28, 2013

Time


I just finished reading Psalm 103, and verse 15 caught my attention: "Our days on earth are like grass; like wildflowers we bloom and die." I read that and think that we are ever closer to going home, and I rejoice. However, I sensed God's Spirit stopping me and reminding me of how I was taught to view such verses in Scripture. I was always told that since our lives pass so quickly, we should live in a way that honors Christ. Then a few minutes later I sensed God telling me, "Use the time you have now."

I do not know why this keeps coming up, but it has several times in the past couple days. I keep thinking how I will not be in this season of my life forever (which is completely different from the view I normally have, that my life seems to never really change). God has all of us where we are for many reasons, but I believe one of them is to help others. No matter the different places in life, everyone has something to contribute to someone else. I cannot speak on the beauty and hard work that accompanies marriage, but I can speak of the beauty and hard work that accompanies the single life of one who doesn't want to spend her days being self-absorbed. I cannot speak on the drudgery of working a nine to five job, but I can speak on doing what I believe God has called me to do in this season of life.

All of our lives have purpose, and part of everyone's purpose is to speak Truth and encouragement to others. Tell people about Christ, show them that being a son or dautghter of God is something to desire! Write blogs, make people laugh, offer wisdom to those who will listen, love even if it is inconvenient.

Wow... You'd think I was not twenty-one; I have always been one to rejoice at the fact that God can and will use my past for His glory. But I have never been much of a "live-in-the-moment" type of person. His Grace abounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment