Thursday, June 27, 2013

Humble Encouragement

The realization struck me that one day I will not be single and girls may not take my words of encouragement as seriously because I will not longer be where they are. Of course, the exact opposite may be true, but while I am where I am, I will allow God to use me as He wills to.

I have come to see that there is such a longing for emotional fulfillment and we seek this out many ways. What woman does not want to know she is loved, cherished, beautiful, and wanted? Seriously, even the most surrounded, family-ed, friended woman has moments where she just wants to hear, feel, or see that she is as blessed with love as she is! As important as it is for us as humans to come along side each other and speak words of truth and affirmation to each other, we must also remember that our Heavenly Father Who can and will fulfill our deepest longings and needs. 
Why doesn't He just do so once and for all so that we never feel empty, lonely, etc.? I am not sure; maybe so that we never forget that it is HIM we need above all. Maybe because if we did not feel our need we would not appreciate how Whole and Beautiful He is. Again, I do not know. But just as He seeks after and pursues us, He wants us to pursue Him. So if that means taking the time to fall on our knees or give in to tears of longing as we approach Him, why allow pride and propriety to stop us? He sees, hears, and feels for us! He understands and cherishes beyond the capacity of any human being (no matter how wonderful!).

I also do not know why some of us struggle with this more than others. I can imagine a few in my life reading this and shaking their heads, baffled at how one girl can say so much about one subject. Again, I do not know; I did not create myself. I look at my heart and emotions and see a mess of blood and immaturity. Somehow, in His Sovereign way, God looks down and sees a beautiful creation, masterpiece. I see this now; most days I do not. I wish I didn't struggle seeing myself as such. But you know what! If I didn't struggle I would not have compassion on and understanding for those of you who feel the same way.

So, I want to encourage those reading to run to their Forever and Constant, letting Him know your deepest needs and desires. And, when others try to truly Nd selflessly love you, allow them. Do not put up a wall or front. God's Grace is sufficient, but He will not force it on you!

No comments:

Post a Comment