Friday, July 5, 2013

Waiting Game (Aren't Games Supposed to be Fun?)

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. (Philippians 4:6 NLT)

I cannot tell you how often I have read this verse, how often I have looked at it in despair and, at other times, read it out-loud with a boldness that was not my own.
Pray, rejoice, pray, rejoice. Wait.

I am a doer. I do not know how many people I have told this, nor how many times. Prayer: okay, that doesn't involve a lot of physical movement, but at least it's something. Praise? Ugh, a little harder, just as little physical-activity oriented, AND it requires me to act a way I do not feel. Over and over I ask God, "What do You want ME to do to change things? How can I move this story along? What have I done wrong that I need to repent for so that things can turn out as I had hoped that would." More often than not His response is always, "I will not give My glory to another." Translation: You are doing what you should be; keep following My lead and trust Me." I hear stories and see situations playing out in the lives of those I care about and in those I do not know as well and I sometimes want to get in a fist fight with God. "ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? WAIT!? YOU WANT ME/US/THEM TO WAIT!? AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN ALL OF THIS!?" The only thing I hate more than struggling or feeling weak is seeing others struggle.

God's response: "Keep doing what You are doing. I will not give My glory to another."

I love that my tantrums don't phase Him.

In an effort to encourage anyone who is reading, knowing that the enemy will raise up his claws and try to screw all of us over the second he sees us putting our trust in our ever faithful Father, please know that you are NOT alone in this waiting game. I read somewhere that the bigger the mountain we climb, the better the view once we get to the top ;p

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6, 7 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment