Monday, May 13, 2013

Response to a Question: A Lesson Still in Its "Newborn" Stage ;)


I am currently reading through Praying for Your Future Husband by Robin Jones Gunn and Tricia Goyer. At the end of the second chapter, “Pray for His Heart”, one of the questions they asked is “How has your idea of what love is changed?” to which I (to my surprise) responded:

I have learned that Love is NOT a feeling, but it can be felt. It is beyond measure, cannot be contained, and has a mind of its own. It is not evil and it is not pain, but it hates evil and endures pain. Love is, at its core, selfless, and seeks to express itself in whatever way it can show that it is alive and well. It does not force itself on those it longs to reach out to, but it still reaches out, even if it is not wanted. Did I mention Love is selfless? It calls us, challenges us to do crazy things like pray for others even when we don’t see any good coming out of it. It causes us to think positively towards those who have hurt us. It causes us to live selflessly toward those we are sure will never take notice. It causes us to hope for the most out-there things and actually believe them to be attainable dreams.
Love is Who God is and what He has called us to be, toward Him, toward others.

As I read over all of this the day I wrote it, I saw that the pieces of Scripture that I had repeatedly read  this past semester of school had come to life for me, and I rejoiced in the power of God’s Word.
Today after re-reading my answer, I saw something else, something that touches me deeper than I could have hoped for: I saw that these past four month, during which I now see God was teaching me this lesson-- as painful, lonely, and crazy as they were-- were worth it.

And so my challenge to you, reader friend, is to love Christ and love others every day. It is worth it because He is worth it :D

No comments:

Post a Comment