Saturday, December 22, 2012

Pain


For years, my heavenly Father and I have had this discussion about pain and how I tend to cling to it. A little while ago He showed me that outside of Him, the only other thing I saw as constant was pain, and so I clung to it (me having this fear of people I love leaving me, and whatnot). After He helped me let go of pain and not pursue it like an imaginary lover I was determined to make mine, the I began to cling to Him in fear. He had just begun to break me of that yesterday when I, without realizing it, picked up pain’s hand again. He told me to let go, and I did, but not willingly; for some reason, even though I know that my Savior and friend will never leave me, my flesh still deems it a great idea to find other gods to run after…
This morning while I was worshiping Him, God told me, “The enemy has no power compared to mine. He can tear apart, but I can fix. He can cause storms, but I can move mountains. He can cause pain, but I can heal.”

No comments:

Post a Comment