Monday, December 24, 2012

Into Daddy's Arms


"Yes, I see it all now:
    I’m the Lord’s maid, ready to serve.
Let it be with me
    just as you say."
Luke 1:37

I see now that I do not fully understand what it must have felt like to entrust one's future to God like Mary did. She had the options of obeying God and carrying His child in her womb at the risk of her life and reputation or she could turn away from such a risk and preserve both. But she took a leap of faith into her Daddy's arms and He came through. She responded like we all need to in moments of desperation, pain, and the promise of hope at the hands of our merciful and compassionate Father.
"Yes, Daddy, I see how this situation should work: I belong to You, and I serve You. However You say things need to be, let them be so."
Trust does not always feel good in the moment, dear, but look to God. He is FAITHFUL. Read the rest of the story ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment